Jean Sullivan, Associate Vice Chancellor and Director of the Center for Health Law & Economics at UMass Medical School, presented an overview of federal funding under Title XIX, which answers many common questions that public universities have, including:
- How does federal financial participation (FFP) claiming work and how can you optimize it?
- What are the requirements for making an appropriate claim?
- Do matching rates differ between programs versus research?
This was presented for the AcademyHealth State-University Partnership Learning Network (SUPLN) on January 29, 2015. Click here to download the presentation slides. The full webinar is available for SUPLN members at supln.academyhealth.org.
Presentation contents include:
- Partnership Relationship Factors
- Medicaid: A Federal – State Program
- Financial Participation in Medicaid
- Medicaid Administrative Expenditures
- Administrative Expense Claiming
- Cost Determination and Allocation
- Formal Link to the Medicaid Agency
- Compensation to the University
- Permissible Sources of “State Share” Financing